Sunday, March 7, 2010

Windows XP, Vista and 7

Which is the best, XP, Vista or 7? 

Which is better, Windows XP or 7?

I have an XP, a Vista/7 and a 7 on 3 different laptops:
  • My old Acer Aspire 1457Z still has an XP
  • My Sony Vaio CS had a Vista but I replaced it with 7
  • My new Acer Aspire 4740G has a 7
1) Good/bad points about Acer Aspire 1457Z + Windows XP:
  • Fast
  • Reliable, dependable
  • Good
  • Easy to work with
  • Simple, intuitive
  • Feel good, feel data is safe
  • More user-is-in-control feeling and you feel great
  • You have better control of your PC
  • A great combination!
  • Need larger HD
2) Good/bad points about Sony Vaio CS + Vista:
  • Slow, so very slow....
  • Beautiful graphics and display
  • With MS Office: Beautiful PowerPoint presentation formats & animation
  • Messy way to access files
  • Half the time wondering what the PC is doing
  • Never got a nice feeling of the combination
  • I could not find anyone who could do Vista partitioning, decided to switch to 7
3) Good/bad points about Acer Aspire 4740G + Windows 7:
  • Faster than XP and Vista
  • Easy to click everywhere
  • Beautiful graphics & display
  • Less intuitive than XP
  • Less user-is-in-control feeling
  • The software is too smart and does things for you!
  • Sometimes you get worried it is too smart
  • Software dominates and you follow even if you don't want to
  • It does things that you don't want it to 
  • It can drive you crazy! Nuts even!
  • It can get you frustrated when it is always doing what you don't want it to
  • PC has a stiff touchpad that sometimes doesn't seem to respond
  • I like the blue LED for the Power button
  • I don't like the PC cover at all - it closes with a bang sometimes!
  • I hardly take notice of the LEDs at the right side of the PC
  • Beautiful sound but my Dell speakers at work sound even better.
Please design laptops for ladies instead of for men! Ladies like the layout differently.

0 comments:

Post a Comment