Saturday, April 8, 2017

Dropbox Workaround for Windows XP

I liked Dropbox for the ease to work with it at home and in the office.

Our university supplied only Windows XP to lecturers. So we only have XPs to work on.

When Dropbox terminated use of Dropbox (app), I already transferred my files out of Dropbox into my external disk.

However, I still have a Dropbox folder in D partition of my XP at work. I need to transfer the contents to my external HD at home. How can I do it?

I can bring an external HD and transfer the files out.

I can email the contents bit by bit via Gmail.

I can upload to OneDrive and Google Drive in my office and download at home.

But there is a workaround for Dropbox on XP.

People have tried it, but I have not as I didn't have time to search for a fix or workaround and try it.

I will try it next week when I go to my office.

I already deleted Dropbox on my laptop at home since I couldn't use Dropbox on XP in my office.

I will need to reinstall and download files off Dropbox and then delete Dropbox from my laptop and XP.

I am sad that Dropbox has abandoned XP, just like Microsoft abandoned XP.

It is a lot of $$$ to have to upgrade to a new Windows system, just to run Dropbox.

I think manufacturers must try to think GREEN and save the planet. I see no point have to switch computers so often and creating so much computer trash worldwide.

I feel sorry for the future and kids who will occupy a non-GREEN planet of useless computers after I leave.


External link:
http://windowsreport.com/dropbox-xp-workaround/

0 comments:

Post a Comment