Thursday, April 13, 2017

How to increase laptop speed

13 April 2017

I am running Windows 10, 64-bit on my laptop (Aspire E 14).

My laptop is running slow today, to almost not running at all and hangs indefinitely. Too much memory is being used.

I tried removing all unwanted and unused applications from Drive C > Program > Program and Features.

Can also open the Task Manager and scroll to check what app is using up so much memory (RAM). Then click and select End Task for that app to be removed. Click again on Go To Folder and locate the app, and then Delete it. Then delete the entire folder. Then return to Task Manager and check for more apps to be removed.

I cannot remove AVG. It is such a big program (8GB) and occupies my entire C partition. I will need to remove it since it is expired and the Free version (portion) seems useless for now (needs constant manual update).

Then my laptop ran faster. Makes me happy that my laptop can even run faster.

Then I found this link:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4002019/windows-10-improve-pc-performance

1. Windows update

In the update window it says:
Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176936).

Download takes a long time; takes forever at 8%.




0 comments:

Post a Comment